In Manitoba, we have to be prepared for anything.
When you set out on the road, there’s a certain minimum kit you should take with you to be prepared, not only for emergencies but for any eventuality. Here’s the list, as prepared by the truck-lovin’ people at Carlson Truck Outfitters.
- Phone. There’s no replacement for a channel of communications between you and the rest of the world when something goes completely wrong (or you just spent too much time fishing and are going to be late for dinner). Make sure you have minutes and a full charge on the battery.
- GPS. Or an old fashioned map. There’s nothing like knowing where you are to help you figure out where you’re going.
- Basic Tools. Not that your truck is going to let you down, mind you. There are plenty of other things in the world that need fixing.
- Emergency Kit. Have some first aid supplies, some bottled water, candles, and a flashlight. Also some reflectors or road flares.
- Equipment to tow or be towed. You never know when you might have to rescue someone. A couple of tow straps can be lifesavers. If you go off-road and might need to rescue yourself, look into a winch.
- Stuff to make your trip more fun. Hey, it’s your trip, and your truck. Make sure you travel the route you want, listen to the music you like and above all, enjoy the ride.
Visit Carlson Truck Outfitters for a great line of Truck Accessories. We love your truck almost as much as you do.